Saturday, August 15

Bridezillas

Does anybody else watch "Bridezillas"? Bunny and I have been watching it for quite a while, I believe we started watching from Season 3. We have not started watching this season... we tried to, but it stressed her out too much to watch before our wedding. I think we'll start watching it more now that the wedding is over... but that's not the point of this post.

Forgive me for generalizing, but much of the time the women on this show are all such bitches, it's incredible others want to be around them - no less marry them. That's the point of the show, isn't it? But, I'm not just talking about the brides themselves, I'm referring to their friends and families as well. A lot of the time, these other women seem to egg on the brides who are already well passed being stressed out. Then, as the bride goes off on them, they act totally appalled that they are being yelled at and that the bride is making a scene.

After watching many of these episodes with Bunny, I came to realize that I am a very lucky man. Bun was hardly a bridezilla, she was always interested in others' opinions. Sure, sometimes she would not ultimately follow their opinion; nobody can ever please everybody. In fact, she would ask fairly regularly if she was being a bridezilla, which I always answered, "No, and if you start to, I'll tell you before it gets out of hand." She genuinely wanted to know what my thoughts were regarding certain aspects of our wedding. Looking back in retrospect, it makes me very happy that she was always interested to know what my opinion was, even if I genuinely did not care one way or the other. A funny example that comes to mind was, "Which table cloth do you like better? The off-white one? Or the slightly-more-yellow-off-white one?" Yeah, yeah, I know, she used different words... probably the real names of those colors... but seriously, they were the same color in my eyes!

I even managed to help her make up her mind when it came down to tough decisions. Decisions, that in my mind, no other man would be able to help. Most notably, I was able to find the shoes what ultimately wore for the ceremony and reception. I was also able to find the artist who worked with us to design the perfect cake topper!

I'm so lucky to have Bunny, a bride (and now a wife) who always wants to make sure everybody feels their input is important! Especially mine thoughts, feelings and opinions.
blog comments powered by Disqus